Why the wedding party is optional
Now don't get me wrong, I think the world of wedding parties! Whether it's bridesmaids, groomsmen, bridesmen, groomsmaids, or non-binary wedding party pals, the friends who stand up with you at your wedding are a very special group of people.
In large part, wedding parties are there to help you plan, set up and tear down, and celebrate! In short, they're your wedding support network, helping ease wedding planning stress, helping with random errands, and helping to keep you sane in the months leading up to the wedding.
So why am I saying this tradition is optional?
Because your friends love you, and will help you anyway if you ask. It's as simple as that!
Here are a few other perks of skipping this particular wedding tradition:
- You won't have to pay for occasion-specific dresses or suit rentals and your friends won't have to pay for them either!
- You instantly lower your wedding floral budget by cutting down the number of people who will need bouquets and/or boutonnieres!
- Avoid the stress of feeling like you're either leaving someone out or that your wedding party is getting too big because you didn't want to leave anyone out
- No need to worry about between Ceremony & Reception transportation for the entire wedding party (party buses or limousines can get expensive!)
- Less people to plan for equals less wedding planning stress overall for you!
With all that said, if the thought of a wedding party is kind of stressing you out, or there are logistical issues, feel free to skip this one, safe in the knowledge that your friends will love and support you with or without the title!